Call 911 for emergencies!
Our goal at the Highland Park Fire Department is
to provide the citizens within its borders the best
fire protection possible.
Fire Department Awarded $1.5 Million Grant
The Highland Park Fire Department came into
existence in 1917 along with the incorporation of
the City. Over the years the Fire Department has
undergone and survived many challenging situations.
In the early years the Department had four fire
stations located within the City’s boundaries
employing approximately 84 firefighters at its peak
along with two fire Marshall’s, dispatchers,
secretaries, mechanics, and radio operators. In
1985, the Fire and Police Departments were merged
into a Public Safety Department due to the economy
and shrinking population.
In 2005 the Fire and Police Departments were
separated back into individual departments.
Firefighting has changed tremendously through the
decades; in the beginning the focus was fire
extinguishment now the focus includes fire safety,
prevention, education, awareness, inspections,
hazardous materials and updated training techniques.
In the last year we have revamped our inventory
to Emergency One apparatus only. We have three E-One
pumpers, two of which are equipped with 40-gallon
foam tanks; one 95 ft. E-One aerial platform, and a
newly purchased 110 ft. aerial ladder truck. Our
last project was the purchase of an air light unit
which is a mobile air compressor that will allow us
to keep our self-breathing apparatus (SCBA)
breathing tanks full at all times for rescue and
fire extinguishment and to illuminate the fire
Chief Kevin Coney
Lt. Eric Hollowell
Sgt. Stuart Jackson
Sgt. Nate Erwin
+ 16 Dedicated Fire Fighters of the Department
Fire Inspections: $150.00
Fire Reports: $10.00